[Bf-committers] History of 2.5 article - Need help

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sun Apr 10 20:40:51 CEST 2011

Hey everyone,
i want to write an article "The History of Blender 2.5" for the upcoming
FMX conference here in Germany, where Blender will have a booth.
But the article can be also published on blender.org or the code blog
for example.

It will be a kind of timeline, how Blender 2-5 evolved and who
contributed to it.
I won't go into much details about new features, it should be more a
"Who is behind this gigantic project" and "What were the milestones"

Therefore I want to ask every SVN commiter, who worked on 2.5 (let's say
with more than 30 commits or so, or a new feature) to send me a few
lines of text, who you are and what you did for the 2.5 project. A
portray image would be great as well. :)

It must be finished about Thursday/Friday this week, due to pressing the
DVD for FMX, so please send me your information as soon as possible.

The reason I want to write this, is to have a nice documentation of the
project and to let the people out there know who is behind this.
2.5 is a very big milestone, maybe the biggest one so far, so let's make
a nice documentation for it.

If you want to write something more ( a whole page or so, about a
feature you coded or an area of 2.5 (UI, volumetrics, sculping...) feel
free to send me that as well.

Best regards,
Thomas