[Bf-committers] Access noise functions

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 15:39:05 CEST 2011

The noise module from 2.4x is working but not documented
>>> import noise
>>> dir(noise)
['__doc__', '__name__', '__package__', 'cell', 'cell_vector',
'distance_metrics', 'fractal', 'hetero_terrain',
'hybrid_multi_fractal', 'multi_fractal', 'noise', 'random',
'random_unit_vector', 'ridged_multi_fractal', 'seed_set',
'turbulence', 'turbulence_vector', 'types', 'vector', 'vl_vector',
'voronoi']

2.4x docs see:
http://www.blender.org/documentation/249PythonDoc/Noise-module.html

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Trouble Maker <makers.f at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wonder if it is possible to directly access the noise functions that are
> already inside blender.
> I made a quick research in the api, and found nothing.
> Maybe would be nice to have it in the mathutils module (i saw a few scripts
> implement their
> version of noise functions, and maybe it would be nice to have the
> possibility to use the functions
> already inside blender, and in this way it could be used also in the GE[and
> since it is
> wrote in C, you don't have to bother about speed])

- Campbell