[Bf-committers] thanks for all the wonderful GSoC proposals

Tom M letterrip at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 21:32:19 CEST 2011

Thank you to all of the students who have taken the time to write gsoc
proposals.  We received 39 proposals this year and almost all of them
are excellent.  The mentors are going to have a tough time winnowing
it down to the final few.  I already want to accept probably double
the number of students than we will have slots or mentors available
for.

Good luck and remember to respond to comments on your proposals.

Also it is strongly recommended that you do some small or moderate
patch or bug fix (even something as small as fixing a typo in a
tooltip) so that we have some evidence that you can use our tools
(compilers, build systems, version management, patch creation, and
bug/patch tracker), best would be something in the area of code that
your proposal relates to and in the language(s) you expect to use.

LetterRip