[Bf-committers] GSoC 2011 Proposal: Retopology Tools

Jonathan Williamson jonathan at montagestudio.org
Wed Apr 6 07:10:31 CEST 2011

Yeah that is correct. I have attached a rough mockup of how the tool works.
Start with a highres mesh. Notice the part of the mesh that represents a leg like structure. This is where the Guide strokes tool would be used.
Start by drawing the strokes over the legs
The tool detects the mesh under the strokes to be tubular and automatically retopo's it with a designated number of vertices. The number of loops is determined by the number of strokes; 1 stroke = 1 loop.
You can see the final result from an angle to show how it has retopo'ed all the way around the tubular form.

--
Jonathan Williamson

Instructor - http://www.blendercookie.com
Personal Trainer - http://www.mavenseed.com