[Bf-committers] GSoC 2011: Improving Retopology Tools

Sergey Kurdakov sergey.forum at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 00:41:56 CEST 2011

Hi Matt,

> Having extra funky automatic tools can be great too, but it's a
> different thing. You still also need tools with manual control, even
> if only just to clean up problems after an automatic topology
> generation algorithm. So these manual tools are probably not
> mathematically intense, but implementing them will require good UI and
> workflow design, and working with artists to make them useful and
> efficient.

the point is for use cases - if somehow user selects more that very simple area
then 'general' algos would be OK.

but if knowledgeable members know some approaches to handle relativly
different cases with
said script - and it will be useable - then OK.

the problem is that - though things look simple - they anyway require
quite powerful tools.

and of cause - it is up to applicant and SoC leader to select approach.
My series of mails were just give more outlook.

even if the talk was 'hot' it might be useful after all.

and no need to think that if I behave like 'young' I'm young - I have
more than 10 years of graphics programming experience and lead 15
people team, it is for this reason - I'm so informal - because I try
to give different outlook, and it is not I'm who will decide after
all.

Regards
Sergey