[Bf-committers] GSoC 2011: Improving Retopology Tools

Sergey Kurdakov sergey.forum at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 21:38:13 CEST 2011

Hi Alice,

>- *Pen tool* to quickly draw polygons without the need to fill faces
>manually
>- *Paint Stroke tool* for adding faces based on intersecting strokes

from your description a recent addition to Blender might be of some help

see

http://www.blendernation.com/2011/03/23/quad-dominant-remeshing-development/
(also http://vimeo.com/21096739 )

it has a video and code ( patch ).

also you might be interested to look at previous year submission

https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2010-rohith291991 -code
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Rohith291991/Gsoc2010/Proposal - proposal
patch  http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2010-blender/downloads/detail?name=Rohith_BV.tar.gz
( it effectively gives
https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/branches/soc-2010-rohith291991
- but might give idea what was changed )

it also can be used ( and updated ) and fitted with your   interface part.
also, I can think  to use for such purpose http://tetgen.berlios.de/ code
( the code can be used with Blender and even accordingly re licensed ).

but be aware - that my recommendations are educated guess - and you
still need to evaluate if these tools will help you to make your task
completed.

hope you would be ok with it before final submission date ( April 8, friday )

Regards
Sergey