[Bf-committers] new contributor

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 05:50:33 CEST 2011

If your very new to blender and the simple todo's don't look so
simple, I'd suggest some very basic tasks (even if they are not quite
so interesting).
Modifying tooltips, or making minor UI improvements are not so fun,
but it helps you get used to building blender and navigating the
source  & submitting changes.

If you are looking for areas which need maintaining (and interested in
python) you could look into our addons since they are mostly community
maintained and it might be easier to find simple bug
fixes/improvements there.

I wrote a post of my own suggestions to new devs here, you may find it helpful:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?200013-develop-and-improve-the-source-code-of-blender&p=1721623&viewfull=1#post1721623

The extension saving feature should not be in simple-todo's, swapping
out operators in the file selector while its open isn't all that
simple and should be done by a developer who's familiar with this area
and able to get it working for C & Python operators so new scripts and
register their extensions.

- Campbell