[Bf-committers] Subtitles workflow in the sequencer

James Ruan ruanbeihong at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:47:13 CEST 2011

Hi,
I've been thinking about what function we need in editing subtitles.
I'm doing some video editing work with blender, and I found that
writing a dot srt file is the most time consuming work, especially the
record of start time and end time of each line of subtitles. Hope your
plan allows easy creating and editing of subtitle.
The idea of using templates is great! Hope to see more details.

Regards,

2011/3/29 Vilem Novak <pildanovak at post.cz>:
> Hello,
> I wanted to ask if there are any ideas/plans for bringing a reasonable subtitle workflow into the sequencer internally.
> I am asking mainly because I started developing an addon for subtitles where this functionality is planned:
>
> User adds an subtitle strip, which is actually an image strip. A default subtitle template is rendered in background and added as this strip. User can change the template and edit the text, changes are rendered in background.
>
> additionally to this changing template of all subtitles in sequence editor, importing or exporting subtitles as .srt could be done.
>
> Advantage of this system would be easy adding of subtitle templates(just blender files with anything in them), usage of background computing.
>
> Any ideas to this will be welcome.
> Cheers
> Vilem

James Ruan