[Bf-committers] iqm exporter

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Sep 22 06:02:17 CEST 2010

On Tue, September 21, 2010 8:00 pm, Campbell Barton wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, September 21, 2010 5:36 am, Campbell Barton wrote:

>>> The addons system uses a function called fake_module() in
>>> scripts/ui/space_userpref.py
>>> The fake_module function reads only the addon_info dict from the
>>> module to avoid loading every addon just to display their info.
>>>
>>> This had a bug in 2.54 (fixed in svn), where the locale of the system
>>> was used for reading the files which gave errors with some locales,
>>> not its forced to utf-8.
>>> Without more info I cant tell if this is the problem.
>>>
>>> Could you test with a recent build to see if its fixed?,
>>
>> Thanks for your interest.
>>
>> I have built and tested with the latest svn. Same problem.
>>

>>> Else you could give a link to a full error log.
>>>

>> Even with -d the "fake_module" message is the only message that is
>> printed
>> relating to the script. It gets printed repeatedly every time I mouse
>> over
>> the menu buttons on the left of the addons dialog and when the dialog is
>> opened.
>>
>> In the past I have seen much more verbose messages when this script
>> failed
>> due to python issues. With this version I am not seeing that. It simply
>> doesn't show up in the addons window.
>>
>> IIUC the fake_module message is not an error?
>>
>> I'm happy to trace it but my approach would be to add specific debugging
>> messages to the addons code. Is there an easier way?
>>

>> Cheers.
>>
>> --
>> Patrick Shirkey
>> Boost Hardware Ltd.
>
> fake module isnt an error message,
> see: space_userpref.py
> ---
>         # fake module importing
>         def fake_module(mod_name, mod_path, speedy=True):
>             if bpy.app.debug:
>                 print("fake_module", mod_name, mod_path)
> ---
>
> Could you report this in the bug tracker and include the addon?

I realised the issue was due to missing the define for bl_addon_info in
the script. Adding that gets it to load in the addons window. Now I can
debug it.

bl_addon_info = {
    "name": "Inter Quake Module Exporter (.iqm/.iqe)",
    "author": "Lee Salzman",
    "version": (1,1),
    "blender": (2, 5, 3),
    "api": 31849,
    "location": "File > Export > IQM ",
    "description": "Export iqm format for use in game engines",
    "warning": "",
    "wiki_url": "",
    "tracker_url": "",
    "category": "Import/Export"}

"""
Usage:

Launch from "" or from "File -> Export -> IQM"

Additional links:
    Author Site: http://lee.fov120.com/iqm/
    e-mail: lsalzman at gmail.com
"""