[Bf-committers] Blender 2.54 FreeBSD :) :) :)

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 04:50:58 CEST 2010

Hi Jae, as far as I know this is just a matter of nobody being
interested to make packages.
FreeBSD, Solaris & Irix support is not so good, but we never made a
formal decision (AFAIK).

So if you'd like to become FreeBSD build maintainer I think it could
be arranged,
FreeBSD isn't on the list:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Supported_platforms

Hans Lambermont is the former maintainer but he hasn't been active for a while.

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 4:20 PM, Jaevixa McNomera <jjv.mnr at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone! :)
>
> Sorry to bother you with this, but I'm really just looking for WHO I SHOULD
> be bothering with this...
>
> I noticed that FreeBSD wasn't in the OS choices for blender 2.54 beta...
>
> I also notice that FreeBSD is not an upload option on graphicall.org
>
> Today I successfully compiled and ran bender 2.54 r31964 on FreeBSD 8.1
> 32bit. I can also build the 64 bit once I get home to a 64bit pc.
>
> Was it decided to not "support" FreeBSD as an official OS anymore, or just
> that nobody was building it??? I use FreeBSD and I obviously I use blender,
> so I'd be happy to submit builds whenever I can...
>
> FYI, IRC is blocked here at work, so I couldn't just go on blendercoders and
> ask this question... :(
>
> Who should I talk to about getting these builds avail. to people?
>
> Thanks!
> Jae

- Campbell