[Bf-committers] Which IDE is best for develop Blender on Windows

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Thu Sep 9 15:55:22 CEST 2010

Hello

  Perhaps this question have raised a million times, I don't want a flame
wars about preferences, just simple advices.

 Now that I'm spending lot of time in Blender is time to think about the
ergonomics of my development that could impact also my productivity, so
far I have being using SourceNavigator as an IDE and compiling with
Scons.

  SourceNavigator is a great tool for making searches in the code (hence
its name ;) ) but is so 80's and after several levels of searches you
easily could get lost and comeback is dificult. Also, compiling outside
the IDE make tracking bugs a 10x more time consuming that should be in a
full IDE and I could not make use of debugger also :|

  so, what compiling enviroment do you suggest me?

  I could use VS 2005 but the projectfiles that Cmake generates me always
cause me some troubles (I would prefer this if I manage to compile on
it)

  CodeBlocks also fill my needs to perform extensive code seraches but
again, I get libraries troubles, even if they are there O_O!

  I once use Qt IDE but I could not perform extensive search on it....

 what about DevC++ and others?

                                           cheers and thanks in advance
Farsthary