[Bf-committers] status of Collada

François T. francoistarlier at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 12:11:46 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I wonder about the status of Collada dev. is it finish or still in dev. I'm
helping a friend whose working on sketchup, we would like to import is mesh
into Blender to render w/ Luxrender after all, but with have some issue.
most of it is working but some don't show up. First of all the "Line are not
supported", so I guess some problem comes from that.
So I made some more test and figure out a few things. I believe Blender is
not supporting the groups in Collada files as well. In Sketchup they are
using this a lot. I belive they call that component or group as well but get
converted as group in collada (I think). But Blender importer says it cannot
find the nodes. The only way I can make it work is by "exploding" each group
in sketchup and then export to collada.
Anyway I don't know if it's a bug or an unsupported feature yet. If you'd
like too, I can share a exported file, but I do my test with most of the
file I find in the warehouse3D of sketchup.

thx

François,