[Bf-committers] Rotation Bug

Nate Wiebe nate___wiebe at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 5 06:29:30 CEST 2010

I've been trying to get the rotation of an object to affect the translation of another. So far I've found two main ways to do this, but each one has what I believe to be a bug. When rotating the source object, the target jumps the location and starts a cycle over again. The result that should occur, is that the object that is moving should move in a continuous motion infinitely without jumping back to it's initial location.

Here is a test blend that I set up to show what I'm talking about. There are two scenes. One uses a bone as a driver, and the other uses constraints. For both examples, rotate the lower object around the x axis and the other will jump as it moves along the x axis instead of a continuous motion. http://pasteall.org/blend/3587

Is this a bug? or is this the way it is supposed to work?

Thanks,
-NateW