[Bf-committers] building blender with opencollada using scons on ubuntu

luxInteg lux-integ at btconnect.com
Sun Sep 5 00:30:38 CEST 2010

On Saturday 04 September 2010 19:22:18 Wael EL ORAIBY wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to build blender on ubuntu amd64, i followed the
> steps in
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kazanbas/Building_Collada_Branch
> but did not succeed, I still have problems with the include
> directories for opencollada! so is there any way to remedy this ?
>
> One question though, why opencollada is not with the rest of extern
> shipped with blender, won't that make building blender easier and less
> complicated ?
>
> Regards,

I use cblfs 64-bit only (cpu=amd64).  My  route was as follows:-

-
##################### built opencollada like so:

edit  SConstruct
change  -O2 -DNDEBUG
to  -m64 -fPIC -O2 -DNDEBUG

scons \
RELEASE=1 \
NOVALIDATION=0 \
XMLPARSER=expatNative \
PCRENATIVE=1 \
SHAREDLIB=0

install in /some/prefix

(i.e. move the whole tree -blender finds the includes
instead of the crude method above,
I tried   creating an PREFIX/include directory -it was not worth  it)
for libs copy all the generated static libs to a directory (of the source
tree) called lib
then chmod 0644
##################### built blender like so:-

cd blender

mkdir  build
cd build

 cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" /path/to/blender \
-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS="-O2 -m64 -fPIC"   \
-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS="-O2 -m64 -fPIC"  \
-DWITH_OPENCOLLADA=ON \
-DOPENCOLLADA=/some/prefix/opencollada  \
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=~/wherever

make

If you have to use bruteforce do this:-
edit CMakeLists.txt
change SET(OPENCOLLADA /usr/local/opencollada
to SET(OPENCOLLADA /some/prefix/opencollada

#########

I hope the above is of use.