[Bf-committers] Would anybody have any time to look over these local changes I made to Blender?

Bassam Kurdali bkurdali at freefactory.org
Sat Sep 4 21:30:36 CEST 2010

On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 09:56 -0600, Antony Jones wrote:
> I have been playing with rigging in blender and have made some changes
> locally to my machine. Would these be changes someone would be
> interested in?
It's premature for me to say how the bone visualization options work
just from the descriptions. They look like they might be useful, but
maybe needing better integration with existing features. Since it is
hard to take advantage of blender features using object controllers
( actions, linked character proxies, reasonable rest transformations),
I'd say custom object wire colors is a bit misleading for riggers.
However, for me the most interesting item is the pole vector as a float
property, could be quite cool for many setups, esp. if you wanted to
drive the twist from a rotation , and didn't want to go through the hoop
of controlling the pole target.

> I have put up a  web page so that you can become familiar
> with what I have done. It has pictures and descriptions of the changes.
> I am open to changes. And think this stuff is useful enough to other
> people to put in to the main trunk.
the pole vector option at least gets my vote! though I'm just an
animator/rigger, not a developer, so I have no say as far as code/design
goes.