[Bf-committers] building blender with opencollada using scons on ubuntu

Reuben Martin reuben.m at gmail.com
Sat Sep 4 21:04:49 CEST 2010

Yo, back on Saturday, September 04, 2010 Wael EL ORAIBY was all like:
> Hi,
>
> I have been trying to build blender on ubuntu amd64, i followed the
> steps in http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kazanbas/Building_Collada_Branch
> but did not succeed, I still have problems with the include
> directories for opencollada! so is there any way to remedy this ?
>
> One question though, why opencollada is not with the rest of extern
> shipped with blender, won't that make building blender easier and less
> complicated ?
>
> Regards,

The includes are not all dumped in one directory, but rather is assumed that the path layout from the directory set as the collada include directory will retain the path layout as pulled from the collada repo. You should just be able to point it to the root directory of your local copy of the repo.

i.e. if your opencollada include directory is set to /usr/include/collada/ then the layout within that directory needs to be:

.
|-- COLLADABaseUtils
|   `-- include
|       `-- Math