[Bf-committers] Blender and OpenCL

Lukas Tönne lukas.toenne at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 2 10:52:13 CEST 2010

Hi Jeroen,

You have a cl_int pointer as a parameter, you should dereference it
when assigning the error code:

cl_program BKE_opencl_build_source(cl_context context, const char*
source, cl_int *resultcode) {
	cl_program result;
	result = clCreateProgramWithSource(context, 1, &source, 0, resultcode);
	if (CL_SUCCESS == *resultcode) {
		*resultcode = clBuildProgram(result, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0);
	}
	return result;
}

Afaik the cl_*** types are just typedef'd pointers anyway, but that
could be implementation-dependent (using NVIDIA stuff here), so with
the pointers you should be on the safe side.
I'm not sure if that could have caused the trouble though. For
reasonable filter sizes it worked perfectly for me, but i got a total
(!) freeze when trying a 2k render with 50x50 filtering. Could it be
you need to actually bail out when there's an error? Atm it mostly
just prints the error message and continues when creating the image
buffers etc.