[Bf-committers] Blender-2.55 has no menu bar

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Sat Oct 30 21:47:10 CEST 2010

On 10/30/2010 09:18 PM, Troy Sobotka wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za> wrote:
>
>> On 10/30/2010 04:42 PM, jmsoler at free.fr wrote:
>>
>>> Selon Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za>:
>>>
>> Resizing maximizing or minimizing doesn't have any effect. All I have is
>> the center display and the right hand side controls where I can actually
>> get a file browser but can't open any files. The left hand and top
>> panels are blank.
>>
> Did you launch the executable from the install directory as opposed to
> the build directory?

This is a blender built in the openSUSE build service as an rpm via a
spec file. I took care of the menu problem for earlier 2.50 builds with
a wrapper script that checked for .blender and if it wasn't there copied
it to the users $HOME from /usr/share/blender/.blender . When I first
tried blender-2.54 I noticed that .blender wasn't there anymore but I
concentrated on packaging the openCOLLADA shared libraries for inclusion
in openSUSE 11.4. It was my first library package from scratch and the
openCOLLADA people don't build for linux only windows and mac so it's
taken up a lot of my (donated) time. I've now switched from scons build
to cmake which also took time, I have to follow distribution rules and
everything has to be in the right place.
If you're running blender-2.55 on linux it would be helpful if you can
post the contents of your ~/.blender and possibly ~/blender directory
and even temporarily rename them and see if you get the same problem as
me. Blender's program structure differs radically from the qt and gtk
gui's I'm used to.
I'm anxious to test drive the new blender and test my collada libs.
Any help appreciated.
Dave P