[Bf-committers] Screen-cast issues

Mike S blenderdev at mikes.id.au
Sat Oct 30 05:49:51 CEST 2010

On 30/10/10 10:58 AM, Mike S wrote:
> On 30/10/10 10:37 AM, Andrew Green wrote:
>> In user preferences it has screen cast fps and frame speed. I thought
>> screencast fps was the fps of the video format. And the frame speed was how
>> many ms between adding a frame to the video.
>>
>> So I do not understand what the difference is between the 2 different fps
>> settings.
>
> Screencast only captures static images (png from memory) to your /tmp
> (unix/mac) or whatever your defualt dir is.  It is up to you to then use
> the VSE to create a movie format from those static images. This is done
> to minimise CPU time spent encoding video when you want nice UI performance.

Oops...I see now that the output from screencast is not fixed png but
selectable by the render output type (never tried before:)!) . The
screen capture rate is still determined by the capture settings in User
Pref.  Possibly why they are seperate is to allow you to screen cast at
lower rates and at the same time demonstrate setting up VSE or render
settings to another value?

All the action is here:::
source/blender/editors/screen/screendump.c

The problem mentioned below still occurs regardless of capture type.
Trying to find out why.