[Bf-committers] Screen-cast issues

Mike S blenderdev at mikes.id.au
Sat Oct 30 02:28:32 CEST 2010

On 30/10/10 10:37 AM, Andrew Green wrote:
> In user preferences it has screen cast fps and frame speed. I thought
> screencast fps was the fps of the video format. And the frame speed was how
> many ms between adding a frame to the video.
>
> So I do not understand what the difference is between the 2 different fps
> settings.

Screencast only captures static images (png from memory) to your /tmp
(unix/mac) or whatever your defualt dir is.  It is up to you to then use
the VSE to create a movie format from those static images. This is done
to minimise CPU time spent encoding video when you want nice UI performance.

However at the moment there are a few bugs in screeencast. One
particular is that if you change anything in the Last Operator panel on
the toolbar ( "T" and at the bottom of that is the last operator) it
will cancel your screencast.

Cheers,

Mike.