[Bf-committers] unlimited clay DerivedMesh question

raulf at info.upr.edu.cu raulf at info.upr.edu.cu
Fri Oct 29 15:23:37 CEST 2010

  I build the unlimited clay modifier based on the EditMeshDerivedMesh
type (emDM) I have added the emDM_getPBVH() function to the definition
of that derived mesh type in a similar way like other types like
cdDM_getPBVH() and ccgDM_getPBVH() but I have noted that while the other
functions are called once per stroke the emDM_getPBVH() is called lots
of time per stroke!!! as many times as steps have the stroke O.o!
  since those are callbacks I could not track them very well in the code
to find out the cause... did you have any clue?
  the building of the pbvh structure is relatively expensive so if I
reduce the calls I could speed up the code to some factor.

                                        thanks in advance Farsthary