[Bf-committers] VSE Strip-Wise Rendering

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Wed Oct 27 22:14:23 CEST 2010

Hi Leo,

> I've read through the plugin proposal you wrote way back, and I find no
> real issue with it. Why wasn't it implemented? Was it just lack of
> resources, or am I missing something?

lack of resources and some unresolved issues with IPOs. The problem was,
that I thought it was a good idea to have the plugin register IPO curves
(which isn't that easy using the 2.49 IPO curve system) and: I thought,
those IPOs should be calculated in advance before calling the plugin.
(Also: not very nice with the old system and still interesting with the
new anim-system, since the sequencer has it's own cfra(!)).

And the most serious problem: I myself actually don't use the plugin
interface, so: there was no real need, to get things done on a deadline.

Long story: ignore most of the above (since those are 2.49 issues), we
should add a RNA interface and then things could be rolling pretty easily :)

(and: the UI interface should be removed, since Blender 2.5 does that
completely in python.)

Cheers,
Peter

P.S.: Are you attending blender conference? We could discuss details at
       the conference, if you are there.