[Bf-committers] Blender Proceedings, proposal

Lars Krueger lars_e_krueger at gmx.de
Tue Oct 26 19:38:49 CEST 2010

> - Magazine style and size, full color
> - 80 pages, quality paper, 200 grs cover
> - Regular issues, like 4 x per year
> - Contents available in wiki.blender.org compatible formatting and
> license
> - Printed versions being sold online, pdf (ebook?) freely downloadable
> Bizzplan:
>
> - printing costs 4000 euro (1000 copies)
> - writer fixed fee: 3000 euro
> - mentor fixed fee: 500 euro
> - DTP design: 2400 euro

How about getting an ISBN? Reason: This makes it a citable reference, something which make PhD students very happy :-) Honestly, it benefits both sides: students get a chance to publish in a "journal-like" publication and we get documentation. The following fields of study might applicable: computer art/graphics, media design, user interaction research, game design. Any professors/students around who like this?

One problem could be that some Universities require a number of publications, some require publication points based on journal credibility and number of citations. This puts new journals to a disadvantage.

Current prices:
10 ISBNs:  $275.00 + $230 for 10 bar codes.
http://www.isbn.org/standards/home/isbn/us/isbn-fees.asp
--
Dr. Lars Krueger

GRATIS! Movie-FLAT mit über 300 Videos.