[Bf-committers] OpenCollada & SVN

Mike Sloman mikes at mikes.id.au
Sat Oct 23 10:00:07 CEST 2010

On 23/10/10 5:43 PM, Mike Sloman wrote:
> On 23/10/10 4:55 PM, Benjamin Tolputt wrote:
>> I've been trying to compile the SVN release of Blender on OSX without
>> success. There are errors in the darwin-9.xuniversal version of
>> OpenCollada (as checked out of SVN) that prevent compilation.
>>
>> Is this because the library is out of date in SVN or the fact that CMake
>> is not supported (the build directions on the website do not indicate
>> this though).
>>

> Hi Benajmin,
>
> yes the current SVN for opencollada is out of date. I have compiled and
> used r733 from opencollada after changing the scons file as instructed
> int he build instructyions and found that all is well after that.
>
> However I dont have write access to blender svn to upload it, so you
> have to build your own until whomever is responible for building for
> darwin uploads.
>
> Mike.

Oops make that r773 opencollada.  Have fun..it takes a long long time to
build :(

Last commit log entry:::

r32280 | damien78 | 2010-10-04 03:53:39 +1030 (Mon, 04 Oct 2010) | 1 line

OSX/Cocoa 10.5 libs: update OpenCollada libs to rev. 769 + jesterKing patch

Happy to upload my build (darwin9xxxx) if someone gives me write access
to the repository.

A few questions I have too:

1. Perhaps I have missed it... is there a wiki page that lists all the
current third party lib versions required to build both the development
head and stable releases??

2. For MAC builds this page

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.5/Doc/Building_Blender/Mac

states that we need to build and use FFMPEG on the system, but the libs
still have FFMPEG builds (which I am currently using).  Which is correct
to do??

Cheers,

Mike.