[Bf-committers] Keyboard Switcher Error

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 09:30:42 CEST 2010

I reported this error a long time ago but it is still here. I think it
is a big error but maybe someone else does not?

Problem: Linux Kubuntu 64 bit version 10.04 running latest SVN. My
computers base keyboard is Dvorak but then I have the keyboard
switcher turned on because in my house the keyboard is switched with
every person that uses my computer. When I use blender I want to use
the German keyboard because then I can see the letters on the keyboard
which is the best way when typing with one hand and the mouse in the
other.  When typing a big comment, I switch to the Dvorak keyboard
because I can type way faster that way.

In edit mode the keyboard switcher works as it does in other windows
of blender but in 3d mode or edit mode it does not see the current
system switcher keyboard but instead uses the base system keyboard.
This to me IS a show stopper level error and should not be in a
problem by this time.

So I just wanted to re-point out this bug and ask what is going to be
done about it and when (in a nice way)?

Thanks

--
Douglas E Knapp