[Bf-committers] Issue to build blender-2.54 on Fedora Linux

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 01:37:40 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Dave Plater <dplater at webafrica.org.za> wrote:
> On 10/16/2010 09:26 AM, Dalai Felinto wrote:
>> Hi,
>> the error suggest something wrong with the blenderplayer there. Can you try
>> with CMake instead of scons to see if it works for you? There are some
>> difference between win and linux (I don't know why) so that wouldn't be the
>> first time blenderplayer is building only for windows.
>>
>> If you feel like helping coding and experimenting, you may find a fix adding
>> the "undefined references" to the
>> //source/blenderplayer/bad_level_call_stubs/stubs.c.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dalai
>>
>> www.dalaifelinto.com
>>

> I saw the statement in svn 32512 log about blenderplayer building with
> cmake, I'm psyching myself up to try the switch to cmake I've got so
> used to scons I might even manage to fix the scons build, if it works
> for cmake. I tried with cmake but I think I enabled too many new options
> and I was trying to make it build with liblcms2-devel against the new
> lcms 2.0.5 all the headers are renamed to lcms2. I'm also trying to get
> a  doc package so that I can put 2.54 or whatever release it will be
> into the openSUSE graphics devel project where I maintain blender, at
> the moment it's still on 2.49b. 2.54 seems to be missing the .blender
> directory which used to be needed in $HOME for blender to work properly.
> Regards
> Dave P

WITH_LCMS was only ever experimental,
I commented the build option for cmake since its really not useful
unless your a developer who wants to get it working,
even in that case we should switch to LCMS2.

Blender now uses:  ~/.blender/2.54/ for its config files, this should
be created when its needed, user defaults saved to
~/.blender/2.54/config/startup.blend for eg.