[Bf-committers] OpenGL Profiles Project?

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Thu Oct 7 07:09:37 CEST 2010

Hi,
mburrack at yahoo.com (2010-10-06 at 2155.27 -0700):
> > So in the end there should be a manual override system on
> > top of code
> > that tries to do a first guess. Just like the swap method
> > selection.
> My suggestion for the Python API for the exceptions list satisfies
> that. Yes, you need the "manual control" one way or another; the
> fundamental difference I'm proposing is that, instead of having
> *every* user needing to modify those exceptions manually, that we
> save them back out and store them in such a way that they can be
> submitted as a patch so that, ideally, only one user (or at least a
> small subset) need to actually bother with the manual
> control. Everyone else just downloads an update and benefits
> automatically.

That is exactly what is going on with swap method, people can manually
select if they see fit. Read that again, it says "can", it does not
say "must" or "have to". Out of the box they get a best guess that
should work in many cases, only in the special ones it becomes "must"
if they want good behaviour. When such new case is found and reported,
the code is changed to cover it and the "must" goes away.

Sincerily, it pretty much sounds like you both are saying the same but
not realizing it is. Only real diff is current method has GUI for
override and C code for control, and you propose all in Python.

GSR