[Bf-committers] bge.render.makeScreenshot - patch and question

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 06:03:13 CEST 2010

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=24178&group_id=9&atid=127
Hello there,
this patch brings Rasterizer.makeScreenshot back to Blender 2.5.

It's a draft patch, it works but raises one question. I'm not sure whether
it's better to copy Blender code, to change blender code to be "externally"
callable, or to adapt it even more and make it even more unique (e.g. to
remove the need of ScrArea and explicitly pass minx, maxy, ...).

The current code in screendump is mixed with the invoke and exec of the
operator for I ripped those parts of and put them into the BGE function (and
copied the static unsigned int *screenshot  defined in screendump as well).

Any thoughts?
--
Dalai