[Bf-committers] extension clause

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 15:20:38 CEST 2010

Think about it this way. A program that runs under Linux uses OS API's. Even
though Linux is GPL,

the program does not have to be GPL. Blender is a facility. If you use
publicly-available APIs to

write an extension to Blender, or even a whole suite of programs like an
AutoCAD-type, you can
license your Intellectual Property any way you want to.

What you cannot do is to take some existing Blender module, extend it with your
own code,
and then license that module back out.

 --Roger

Check out my website at www.rogerwickes.com for a good deal on my book and
training course, as well as information about my latest activities. Use coupon
Papasmurf for $15 off!