[Bf-committers] extension clause

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:20:11 CEST 2010

That sentence is also unclear to me. If I understand it right, that means
that Blender can't have for instance, a legal VRay plugin. That doesn't make
much sense because If any proprietary program can use GPL'd DLL as long as
they provide license and access to the code of that DLL, why GPL program
shouldn't be able to use proprietary DLL?

If Python script and MyDLL doesn't use any GPL code, I don't see a reason
that they couldn't be published under a different license than GPL. That's
not supporting of proprietary code.

Few years a go I've watched a discussion about Python scripts for Blender
and licensing and someone stated that If some script needs Blender to work,
then It can not be published under any license but GPL.
And what If that script is divided in two parts? One that works only in
Blender and second that uses only generic python? For instance, first one
takes Blender mesh, gathers vertex coordinates and face data, creates
generic lists and exports them to second one. That way second one can be
used by any program that can create lists.

Damir