[Bf-committers] extension clause

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Wed Oct 6 06:56:40 CEST 2010

As long as myDLL didn't link to or rely on any gpl'd code there's nothing
anyone can say about how people use it -- except for the copyright owner of
course.

Bundling (distributing it and blender in the same 'package') is probably not
an option though.

The bottom line is that we consider everything you can create in Blender as
> 'data', including Blender scripts. But when you extend Blender with "other
> facilities" you have to follow the regulations of the GPL.
>
> ...snip...
>
> The divider is "If the script runs in the Blender Interpretor". When the
> script calls code not running in the Blender Interpretor you are making
> bindings to other facilities, and the regular GNU GPL rules apply.

Hmm... so one can only make calls to gpl compatible code if they want to
distribute a script that runs in blender's interpreter?

That doesn't sound right.