[Bf-committers] extension clause

Roger Wickes rogerwickes at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 6 04:43:41 CEST 2010

What is not OK about it?
I think it is clear that the Blender Foundation cannot support proprietary code.

If you have the situation where a company wants to build
some DLL and keep it proprietary, then never release it to the public. Guard it
as
your own intellectual property. Use your code to your competitive advantage.
I have a client who did just that. Their scripts that they wrote and paid for
are theirs.
They license their code and have a great business model. Their complete solution
includes Blender, but they do not sub-license Blender or steal code; instead the
customer gets Blender from BF, and their solution from them.

Or do you have the situation where you want to develop a plugin to Blender that
you
license out (sell) to customers?

 --Roger

Check out my website at www.rogerwickes.com for a good deal on my book and
training course, as well as information about my latest activities. Use coupon
Papasmurf for $15 off!