[Bf-committers] VSE Strip-Wise Rendering

Peter Schlaile peter at schlaile.de
Fri Oct 1 12:19:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

> I have libplugin (http://libplugin.sourceforge.net/intro.html) working in
> blender. Well, extensions and join-points at least, still haven't ported
> over the (semi-)current plugin systems to use it. When I say 'working' I
> mean on linux building with cmake BTW, probably be a chore to get windows
> going since it brings a couple extra libs into blenderdom.

in fact, it doesn't look like the way, a plugin system for blender should
work IMHO. We are not aiming at *replacing* core functionality, but
providing a clean way, to add certain types of filters / effect tracks
etc.

And: in comparising to my proposal, it doesn't solve all the interesting
things (API version control, symbol dependencies), adds additional
complexity through XML files and seems to be centered on Linux.

But that's just my first impression, feel free to proof me wrong :)

Cheers,
Peter

----
Peter Schlaile