[Bf-committers] lcms?

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Nov 30 02:30:53 CET 2010

What's currently in svn is not really a functional implementation of
anything - it was a very early work-in-progress experiment committed
but ifdefed out, as something for coders to play with. This was before
the colour management feature currently in 2.5 was implemented, as a
first stage managing the difference of linear and gamma corrected
(srgb) colour spaces.

Doing a second phase of continuing this to support other profiles than
linear rgb/srgb would be very good, but it's a big complex job, and
lcms1 isn't sufficient for our needs here. lcms2 looks like it should
be, but there's still a lot of work involved to figure out how best to
go about it, and then do it - it has wide ranging implications for
various areas of blender. Anyway, as mentioned before, the existing
code that's in svn does none of this, and should be removed for now.

cheers

Matt