[Bf-committers] Have you seen this?? How to improve Blender

Nathaniel Garbutt nathaniel1705 at yahoo.com.au
Fri Nov 26 13:59:17 CET 2010

To be quite frank, I personally am not into the tone of this design at all.
It comes across as a pushy sales pitch, somewhat like those people that pretend
to be your best friend while trying to sell you a mobile phone or something.

-Text like:

Blender is an open-source 3d animation software that allows anyone to create
hollywood-style visuals from their PC

is disingenuous, very clichéd and reminds me instantly of 3dmagix.

-The list down the left hand side....is ok but the ticks next to them cheapen it
in my opinion.
-The large pictures at the top look nice but the huge quotes I think are tacky.

My critique is mostly to do with the message being conveyed as the visual style
is not a huge deviation and has elements that look quite nice.
The choice of language is poor, comes across as cheap, slightly desperate and
lacks dignity.

This is just my opinion so please take it as that.

Nathaniel