[Bf-committers] A practical proposal for the task of re-licensing Blender

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at internode.on.net
Fri Nov 26 01:49:02 CET 2010

On 26/11/2010 11:17 AM, Leo Sutic wrote:
> Seems like you got your solution right there.
>
> Why aren't you just going with Maya?

Perhaps because they find Blender better overall? Perhaps because of the
expense?

Seriously, why is it every time a comparison is made to some other
software we have the "Well why don't you use that then?" line come up.
It comes across as an immature response to criticism and really never
furthers the discussion.

Comparisons are how improvements get made in graphics, music, physical
skills, and programming alike. Dismissing it out of hand (and with lines
like the above) I fell has no function in a *productive* discussion. Can
we focus on what can and can't be done rather than snipe at one another
please?

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt