[Bf-committers] Documenting the VSE

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 18:10:35 CET 2010

On Thu, Nov 25, 2010 at 4:13 PM, Leo Sutic <leo.sutic at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after digging into the VSE, I couldn't help bu notice that the
> documentation is a bit terse. I was thinking about submitting some
> patches consisting of doxygen docs for parts of it - mostly concerning
> its external interface and connection to the pipeline.c code. Is now a
> good time to do so, or is that module up for serious reworking? Or is it
> your experience that code comments end up obsolete and wrong really fast
> in Blender?
>
> /LS

Sounds fine to me, Peter Schlaile is the module owner though so best
check with him too.

Though best to leave anything in the render/ directory since it could
make merging the durian render branch more trouble.
Comments in DNA_sequence_types.h & seq*.c are safe.

Just make sure a developer who understands the code is able to review,
a problem with having newer devs add comments is some important aspect
may be misinterpreted/overlooked.

--
- Campbell