[Bf-committers] A practical proposal for the task of re-licensing Blender

Damir Prebeg blend.factory at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 07:30:50 CET 2010

This debate is going nowhere. I get an impression that some people simply
can't accept the fact that a lots of developers are working on Blender code
exactly because GPL license ensures them that their hard work will not end
up in some closed source software. And I don't think that they are all
starving because of that.
We should have a way to efficiently use proprietary plug-ins but I don't see
how transferring all source to LGPL would benefit Blender. Exactly an
opposite.