[Bf-committers] A practical proposal for the task of re-licensing Blender

Alex Combas blenderwell at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 21:32:36 CET 2010

On Wed, Nov 24, 2010 at 10:17 AM, Ton Roosendaal <ton at blender.org> wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Based on feedback from key developers, the likelyhood there's a
> relicense to LGPL happing is near zero. Let's focus on ways to get end-
> user level useful extensions possible.
>
> -Ton-

Ton I think you know full well the potential which is being thrown away.
So if you feel we should not pursue this, then I will agree with you.

But I'm disappointed, as far as freedom goes no one would even notice
the difference between GPL and LGPL except for people who want to earn
a living writing software.

LGPL is the best of both worlds.

I guess the message is if you want to feed your family, then do not waste
your time with open source unless you want to have a hobby, because
open source doesn't care if you starve.