[Bf-committers] extension clause

Dan Eicher dan at trollwerks.org
Sun Nov 21 22:13:56 CET 2010

On Sun, Nov 21, 2010 at 9:09 AM, David Jeske <davidj at gmail.com> wrote:

> ...I'm beginning to feel like a minority in wanting Blender to one day
> become a
> real disruptive open-source alternative to these commercial tools.
>
> And why does Blender need to change it's license to do this?

You seem to equate 'success' with blender having a secondary
'proprietary plugin' market and a bit of FUD over the GPL thrown in for good
measure.

Oh, and friend who says 'Blender wouldn't be good enough today even if the
license was fixed'.

I suppose it would be different if these studios could make and distribute
their own changes (to make Blender 'good enough') without having to give
these changes back to the community?

Dan