[Bf-committers] bind poses in Blender for the Collada 1.4.1

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Sun Nov 21 02:27:13 CET 2010

On Nov 21, 2010, at 2:41 AM, Stefano Corazza wrote:
> in Blender easily. We tested a number of plugins and the only one who was able to import animations, meshes, skinning etc. was the one by teraapi.

Were all these with 2.4?

> We acquired source code and rights to it, we improved it further and we are working now with some of the original founders of the Collada format here in San Francisco (Katalabs) to make it rock solid and compliant (and do a lot of code cleanup). Besides this we are testing it with all the existing standard packages, not just

AFAIK that Collada person at Katalabs has worked on OpenCollada, which is exactly the library that Blender 2.5 uses for the new Collada support there. That is what that the previous posts were pointing at. If  I understood correctly, the guy who was testing it now here (at our company Playsign, for the same GLGE engine that Katalabs uses BTW) reported that Blender 2.55 beta did export skeletal animations in Collada .. some of them didn't work right in GLGE but that can be another story.

> Stefano

~Toni