[Bf-committers] extension clause

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Fri Nov 19 16:27:35 CET 2010

Alex Combas <blenderwell at gmail.com> wrote:

> Similarly, virtually zero companies actually go the route of making a
> modified internal version of GPL software.

How would someone confirm that? By virtue of the fact that it's not meant for
external distribution, it's obviously something that wouldn't by widely
publicized.

Furthermore, I'm not sure how the 'sharing with 3rd party contractors
constitutes distribution' argument holds any water. Are you saying that these
companies - many of which are used to treating source code as trade secret -
are going to have trouble keeping code private and secret simply because it's
linked to GPL code? I'm sorry, but that doesn't even begin to make sense to me.

  -Jason