[Bf-committers] bind poses in Blender for the Collada 1.4.1 plugin

Stefano Corazza stefano at mixamo.com
Thu Nov 18 22:34:23 CET 2010

Dear all,

We are working on a Collada import plugin for Blender that we would like
to include in the general release.

Emiliano Gambaretto here at Mixamo is the lead developer of this effort.
We have a few questions that are related to bind/rest pose and how they
are handled in Blender vs Collada.

Can you respond confirming these statements?

Thanks!

Stefano

1. In Blender Rest pose = Bind pose

2. Blender supports only one Bind pose for a given mesh-skeleton

3. Collada supports several bind poses for a given mesh-skeleton so an
import plugin should merge them into one (if #2 is true)

4. Is whatever is shown in Blender in Edit mode (of a mesh-skeleton) the
unique mesh-skeleton Bind pose?

Stefano Corazza, PhD
CTO and Founder
Mixamo Inc.