[Bf-committers] extension clause

Benjamin Tolputt btolputt at internode.on.net
Tue Nov 16 03:51:57 CET 2010

On 16/11/2010 1:29 PM, Dan Eicher wrote:
>  And it doesn't strike you as strange that there is 'great risk' in keeping
> your changes to yourself (while profiting from 'costless' labor of others)
> while passing the changes back to the project is pretty much the textbook
> definition of a 'mutually beneficial relationship'?
>
> Not even a little strange?
>
> Almost like it was intentional even?

This is straying into a discussion on the "merits" and/or lack thereof
in commercial software developers using the GPL. Something which has
been explicitly avoided in this discussion and has, in my opinion,
allowed for technical discussion in regards to the proposal to proceed
without getting bogged down in "personal preference" discussions.

If possible, I'd like it to continue without straying into the area
where flame-wars are prevalent. Please.

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt