[Bf-committers] Status of C++

Diego B bdiego at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 22:28:59 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 6:11 PM, Leo Sutic <leo.sutic at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wasn't really asking for an opinion of C++, I was asking what the
> community had decided, if anything, in regards to use of the language.
>
> C++ is already in Blender (GHOST, Audaspace, etc.), so it's not like I
> have to try to push it in: It's already there. But I need to know just
> what the deal with it is.

If you ask, the main code of Blender is in C and the current language
for Blender is C.
Yes we have library in C++ like Ghost, Audaspace, etc. but check the
code, if you need to work on Blender, C is the language.
If you are working on a library (for example Ghost), C++ is what you have.

So the basic is, check where are you working and keep that language,
if you have doubt, ask here in the ML.