[Bf-committers] color space changes

Kent Mein mein at cs.umn.edu
Mon Nov 15 16:41:49 CET 2010

On Nov 13, 2010, at 6:56 PM, Troy Sobotka wrote:

> A plain and simple misconception stemming from misunderstanding.
>
> Matt summed it up perfectly in "apples to oranges".
>
> Color spaces and color models are two of the most confused areas in visual
> art and design.
>
> Values mean nothing unto themselves until we apply a colour space in a
> colour model.
>
> There is no equivalency and as such the suggestion is moot. Rather like
> wanting an equivalency between the metric and imperial system based strictly
> on numerical similarity.
> On Nov 12, 2010 6:26 PM, "Kent Mein" <mein at cs.umn.edu> wrote:

Ok I really tried to resist responding to this, and I know I'm beating a dead horse.

I didn't say I wanted an equivalency, the point I was making, was now if you
find the perfect color in say the gimp and want to use it, its a pain in the hind end
to enter that color by hand.

(i.e. now that we have moved to the far superior metric system, people still using the
emperial system aren't good enough for us I guess.) ;)

Kent