[Bf-committers] Developer meeting minutes, 14 nov 2010

Janne Karhu jhkarh at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 09:46:59 CET 2010

Yes I agree pretty much fully on what you've written. The whole particle
system is still really quite crippled from the jump from 2.49 to 2.5 and I
haven't even wanted to start reimplementing certain features over (such as
effecting particle properties with particle time and reactor particles),
since I want them to become much more powerful than they were before.

I too have high hopes for the node particles, but my proposal doesn't
really change anything functionally for better or worse. It only give the
users a bit more clarity on what the function of the "particle system"
entry in the modifier stack is. I think this "clarity" will be needed even
more for node particles, but even now you really want to be able to decide
what point in the object's modifier stack is used for particles and other
effects, no matter how the actual effects are calculated.

jahka