[Bf-committers] New blog: code.blender.org (proposal)

Jarred de Beer jarr2000 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 22:33:44 CET 2010

With respect to aggregators, just an idea for a layout which i've been
exposed to:
http://myjoomla.co.za/
http://animation.jarred.co.za/

Something which may be worth looking into is Joomla running a CCK such as flexi
content <http://www.flexicontent.org/> or k2 <http://getk2.org/>.  They can
really go a long way in setting a site up for ones needs and allow for
placement of text, images, galleries, videos and any extra fields anywhere
on a page if the template allows for it.  They can also be used for
translations if the site incorporates multiple languages.

This site (probably not the best example) was built with flexi-content:
http://media24.com/.  The only 'static' part is the top and left menu
blocks, otherwise content has access to be placed anywhere else on the page,
e.g. http://media24.com/en/digital/24games.html - The content text and image
is in the top block, everything else (contact, website, mobile etc..) is
pulled through by the template as extra fields, its great for consistency
between multiple editors as they can't mess up the layout.  Access control
can also be granted to editors so they don't get confused between categories
etc. This example includes an Afrikaans translation.

Two examples using K2:
Here's a (probably overblown) example using k2: http://www.surfski.info/.
This site http://www.cometcorp.org/ is pulling through articles from k2
categories and displaying them as markers on google maps, along with the
articles' info.  You can even filter by category and define the marker icon
from an extra field tag.

The possibilities can be very cool,
Jarred