[Bf-committers] 2.55 beta AHOY!

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Sat Nov 6 10:21:43 CET 2010

On 10/30/2010 01:14 AM, Kevin Roy wrote:
> Hi Blender Developers,
>
> Ubuntu/Debian builds of 2.55 are available at
>   http://launchpad.net/~kiniou/+archive/ppa
> for lucid, maverick and natty.
>
> Debian code is hosted at
>   http://git.debian.org/?p=collab-maint/blender.git;a=summary
> and I've uploaded source package to mentors.debian.net.
>
> About build infos, blenderplayer is back but blender still lacks
> opencollada support due to inexistant package in the debian world.
> Packaging OpenCollada is on my TODO list :) .

Hi, I've packaged openCOLLADA for openSUSE with sonames etc and using
them to build blender If you want to take the easy route, that's what
opensource is about, have a look at :
https://build.opensuse.org/package/files?package=openCOLLADA&project=graphics
you will find tarballs patches etc under "Source Files", it will be in 11.4.
The patch "openCOLLADA-assign_value.patch" doesn't apply to svn 779,
I've yet to find out why. It wasn't made by me it was made by another
more experienced person whom I asked to check the package over.
"COLLADA-linuxbuild.patch" will be submitted to openCOLLADA, I've
already given them one to enable lib directory name ie. /lib /lib64.
You should check out the build service you can use it to build for
Ubuntu/Debian as well, in which case you could simply use "osc copypac"
command and work from there.
Regards
Dave P