[Bf-committers] Blender-2.55 has no menu bar (Solved)

Dave Plater dplater at webafrica.org.za
Thu Nov 4 23:51:10 CET 2010

On 11/04/2010 05:56 PM, Campbell Barton wrote:
> Leave plug-ins out for now, they are not usable (AFAIK).
>
> As for the desktop files, looking on my system they are not well
> organized (arch linux), so if there is some freedesktop spec, would be
> good to follow it
> otherwise this is up to you, whatever your distro uses.

There's a spec file macro called "%suse_update_desktop_file" that
validates and translates the .desktop file and the rpmlint check at the
end of install complains if you don't use it on any desktop file in the
package, release/freedesktop/blender.desktop passed
> the different icons are just svg/png at different sizes from what I
> can tell? - seen this before for other packages.

Make install should put them in :
release/freedesktop/icons/16x16/blender.png >
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/
release/freedesktop/icons/22x22/blender.png >
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/
release/freedesktop/icons/32x32/blender.png >
%{_datadir}/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/
%{_datadir} = /usr/share